"We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today ..."







Saturday, September 13, 2014

ajit

AJITH
“I don’t know who my father is. I am told that he left us when I was just three months old. I don’t have any pleasant memories of my childhood. As life became intolerable I left home not knowing where I was going! It was I imagined better than staying home.  I have been placed in many homes by the police and know five languages including a smattering of English.”

Ajith was brought to us in May 2014. He was rescued from a tea-shop where he worked for just two days!  This 15 –year- old boy can’t live with the thought that he is all alone in this world with no family ties! There are times when he sits and cries thinking about a life without emotional links. I try to console and comfort him assuring him of our commitment to him!  It works for sometime till he is reassured of an unfailing love and acceptance.

Feeling rejected is one of the most painful realities in life. This is all the more poignant for a child who feels helpless and friendless!


No comments:

Post a Comment